Rite Aid Unveils New “Genuine Wellbeing” Format Store
Lemoyne, Pa., Store Rooted in Innovation, Offers Wide Range of Resources for Customers Seeking Health and Wellness Information and Products
Rite Aid supplier partners attending the Annual Supplier Conference in September were invited to tour the new “Genuine Wellbeing” format store in Lemoyne, Pa., prior to its official grand re-opening on Oct. 4. Located less than a mile from our company headquarters in Camp Hill, the store underwent a major renovation that represents the next generation of our evolving Wellness store concept.
Community officials joined Rite Aid’s executive leadership team at a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the store on Oct. 4 to commemorate the grand re-opening of the store.
“This new store design, centered on health and wellness, truly sets us apart,” said Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer John Standley. “It further demonstrates our commitment to making us the destination for the health and wellness needs of our customers and communities.”
The next generation of Wellness stores will continue to focus on wellness empowerment, as more consumers seek information and advice on how to manage their health and pursue wellness. We now have 570 wellness stores and expect
to have a total of 780 completed by the end of our fiscal year in February 2013.
“We know our customers’ health and wellness needs are always changing, so it’s important that we change with them and are able to evolve and innovate across all areas of our operations,” said Ken Martindale, Rite Aid chief operating officer. “At our Lemoyne store, we’ve taken our successful Wellness store format to the next level, which we think will help us continue to be the pharmacy of choice when it comes to health and wellness information, products and services.”
Customers immediately notice the new look of the store, starting with an exterior that features wood-grain paneling to add a warm and welcoming feel as they approach the store. The inside of the store has also undergone a major transformation and features a new look — with a softer, more inviting layout that makes it easy for customers to find what they are looking for — complete with contemporary décor and signage including:
- Ceiling rings that clearly designate each section of the store such as wellness, beauty, food, home care and seasonal
- Lighted fixtures and brand headers across the beauty department
- A relaxing, warm color palette with soothing wood tones and softer lighting
The pharmacy department – the core of our business – now features an eye-catching look that embodies Rite Aid’s dedication to wellness. In addition to a wooden path leading directly to it, the front of the pharmacy has been cleared of all merchandise to create a more open and welcoming environment for patients. Located nearby is a private consultation room where our pharmacists can provide immunizations and expert medication management sessions.
Other new features in the store include:
- Vision Center – a new, easy-to-use, interactive kiosk allows customers to conveniently order prescription glasses and contact lenses online for home delivery, along with a selection of sample eyeglass frames.
- Diabetic Diagnostic Center – a one-stop shop for people with diabetes, including a hands-on display of glucose meters, test strips, sugar-free foods and foot care products.
- Men’s Grooming – an expanded area with a new Axe brand display where customers can use an iPad to sample a new look.
- Nail bar – this unique display showcases top brands and the latest colors in nail enamels.
- Hair care aisle – hands-on displays where customers can see and feel the items before purchase.
- Grab and go cooler – at the front of store for quick pick up of milk, eggs and other convenience food items.
The Lemoyne Wellness store also offers the best of the original Rite Aid Wellness store format including Wellness Ambassadors who work closely with our pharmacists and are specially trained to provide customers with information on over-the-counter medications, vitamins and supplements.