Rite Aid Cuts Ribbon on Spartanburg, South Carolina Distribution Center
June 1 marked the beginning of a new era for the Rite Aid Supply Chain network as the company opened its first new distribution center in 16 years to better support Rite Aid stores and customers throughout the southeastern United States.
The new 900,000 square-foot facility, located in Spartanburg, South Carolina, is now shipping orders to Rite Aid stores in the region thanks to a true team effort to build the state-of-the-art facility.
“We’re excited to celebrate the grand opening of our newest distribution center,” Standley said. “This facility features highly efficient and advanced technologies that will play a crucial role in our company’s supply chain, supporting more than 1,000 Rite Aid stores across the southeastern United States, and helping us deliver a superior customer experience.”
The facility itself sits on 97 acres and is conveniently located near Interstate 85 and other major highways.
Its most notable features include:
- High efficiency LED and T5 fluorescent light fixtures and occupancy sensor controlled warehouse lighting
- An on-site truck maintenance facility, including a fueling station, trailer weigh scale and wash area
- High-speed automated palletizers, ergonomically designed manual palletizing stations and automatic label applicators
- State-of-the-art warehouse and labor management system
- Voice pick technology
- 60,000 square feet of office space, including an associate cafeteria, fitness center and other amenities